The Bundesliga is wide open with the top five teams separated by a mere five points. Meanwhile, at the bottom of the table, Schalke have come to life and are unbeaten in five straight games. Three points separate 18th place and 15th.
FC Augsburg – Werder Bremen
Augsburg posted a 1-0 win over Werder Bremen in the teams’ reverse fixture. Now, Augsburg are seeking a second win over Bremen which would pull them further away from the bottom three.
Werder Bremen are ninth in the standings and are separated from the top six by eight points. Bremen took nine points from their last five matches.
Augsburg are blowing hot and cold in the league. They won three and lost three of their last six matches in the league. Augsburg are in good home form; however, they are on a three-game home win streak.
- FC Augsburg have managed to win 3 consecutive home games in Bundesliga.
- Werder Bremen’s form hasn’t been good, as the team has won only 1 of their last 6 away matches (all competitions).
- FC Augsburg have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 home all competitions games.
- Werder Bremen’s latest meetings with FC Augsburg have been low-scoring with under 2.5 goals in all of their last 3 encounters (Bundesliga).
- Prediction: Werder Bremen.
VfL Bochum – FC Schalke 04
Bochum and Schalke will play a six-point relegation match on Saturday. The clubs are the Bundesliga’s bottom two teams, with Bochim sitting in 17th place and Schalke in 18th place.
While Schalke have kicked into form, Bochum are struggling. Bochum lost five of their last six Bundesliga matches. They were outscored 17-7 across the last six fixtures.
Schalke are unbeaten in five straight games, as they picked up seven points. The Blues scored three goals and conceded seven times across those six matches. A win would take Schalke off the foot of the table.
- VfL Bochum have won just 1 of their last 7 matches in all competitions.
- Schalke 04 haven’t scored a single goal in all of their last 3 away all competitions games.
- VfL Bochum haven’t succeeded in scoring a goal in their 3 latest games in Bundesliga.
- Schalke 04’s performance has been disappointing of late, as they have won just 3 of their 23 most recent all competitions clashes.
- Prediction: Draw.
Borussia M’gladbach – SC Freiburg
Borussia Monchengladbach won just one of their last six matches against Freiburg in all competitions. Daniel Farke’s team cannot find consistent form and go into the weekend following a 4-0 loss at Mainz.
Freiburg are fifth in the standings and are still in the title race. Five points separate Freiburg from Bayern Munich. The team is on a three-match unbeaten streak. Christian Streich’s team took 11 points from the last 18 points on offer, scoring 10 times and conceding nine goals.
Gladbach took seven points from the last 18 points on offer. They were outscored 12-8 across those six matches. The reverse fixture between these clubs ended nil-nil.
- In Mönchengladbach’s last 3 Bundesliga games have been scored over 2.5 goals.
- In their 28 most recent matches of all competitions, SC Freiburg have been undefeated 24 times.
- Mönchengladbach score an average of 2.27 goals in their home Bundesliga matches.
- SC Freiburg have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 away meetings with Mönchengladbach in all competitions.
- Prediction: SC Freiburg.
1. FSV Mainz 05 – 1899 Hoffenheim
Mainz smashed Borussia Monchengladbach at home last weekend 4-0. Now, the 05ers are aiming for another big win, as struggling Hoffenheim head to Mainz.
Mainz are unbeaten in five of their last six matches versus Hoffenheim. Hoffenheim are now in the relegation playoff place, as their status in the Bundesliga is under threat. The Hoff lost nine of their last 19 Bundesliga matches.
The 05ers are on a three-game winning streak in the Bundesliga. Mainz took 12 points from the last six matches in the Bundesliga. They outscored their last six opponents 17-9.
- Mainz have managed to win by at least 2 goals in their 3 most recent home clashes in Bundesliga.
- Hoffenheim have achieved just 5 wins of their last 31 Bundesliga games.
- Mainz are unbeaten in 20 of their last 24 home Bundesliga games.
- In Hoffenheim’s current campaign, they have allowed 1 or more goals in their most recent 14 matches in all competitions.
- Prediction: Mainz.